Customer Service Charter
Dún Laoghaire VEC is committed to delivering a quality education service that meets the needs of all our customers.
Our Service Standards
- Information on our service standards will be available at our points of service [and on our website].
- Details of our services and the standards we aim to achieve will be published in our Customer Service Action Plan.
- We will measure our performance and publish the results in our Annual Report.
Customers Visiting Our Offices
- We will provide reception and meeting room facilities at our public offices, which are clean, safe and afford adequate privacy.
- We will be polite, courteous and fair in our dealings with you.
- We will deal with your query promptly and if we cannot help you we will try to redirect you where possible.
- We will ensure that our brochures, information and application forms are clear, well presented, timely and accurate.
- Information on our services will be supplied in a variety of forms – brochures, leaflets, electronic media and website.
Customers Telephoning Our Offices
- We will respond to your call promptly and will deal with your query in a polite and courteous manner.
- We will be helpful and informative.
- If we cannot deal with your query immediately we will call you back as quickly as possible.
- Voicemail calls will be returned within one working day.
Correspondence / Email
- We will reply to your correspondence within 15 days.
- We will use technical and official terms only when absolutely necessary.
- We will ensure that all replies contain a contact name/telephone number/fax number/e-mail address.
Equality / Diversity
- We will ensure the rights of all individuals to equal treatment established by equality legislation.
- We will endeavour to eliminate access difficulties encountered by people experiencing poverty and social exclusion.
Timeliness & Courtesy
- Your enquiry/application will be dealt with as quickly as possible in a polite and courteous manner.
- Customer Comment forms are available at points of customer service.
- In the first instance you can make your views known to staff at the customer service outlet.
- All appeals will be investigated and responded to quickly and fairly.
Consultation and Evaluation
- Comments and suggestions on the services provided are welcome.
- Feedback will be used to evaluate the services provided and assist in improving the delivery of those services.
- We will endeavour to ensure a committed and integrated approach to the delivery of our services.
- All staff are recognised as internal customers and will be consulted with regard to service delivery issues.
Dún Laoghaire VEC is a statutory local Education Authority and operates under the terms of the 1930 Vocational Education Act and its amendments.
To provide a diverse range of educational programmes and services of the highest quality which support lifelong learning opportunities for all sectors of society at all stages of life.
- To enable individuals to develop to their full potential and to participate fully as members of society and thus contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of the community locally, nationally and internationally.
- To ensure that anyone disadvantaged by social exclusion, marginalisation, location or disability will have access to education.
- To continually evolve so that the changing needs of society are reflected in the services.
- To create an environment which facilitates lifelong learning.
- To deliver a quality-assured education service that is relevant to individuals' personal, social, cultural and economic needs.
- To support a socially inclusive society that offers equal opportunities to all.
- To guarantee optimum return from resources.
Back to Top